Monday, December 3, 2012

Travel-Sized Beauty Products

Copyright MGM
As the winter holidays approach, so does the travel! With the fees airlines charge for checked baggage, I often try to just bring a carry-on for quick trips. This means I have to pack my entire vanity with me. It's hard to pack up all of my must-have beauty and hygiene products because they are not all available in travel-size. Do you ever have this dilemma? Is there anything you just can't live without?

Thankfully, when it comes to hair products, Aveda sells many trial-sized products at their salons and online. This allows me to have my must-haves in miniature. With airline security restrictions, this also allows me to abide by the 3.4 fl oz rule...and saves room!

I find that bringing this piece of home with me is important. I want to feel my best and that means not changing my beauty routines.

It's really about putting your best foot forward -- for a wedding, business trip or simply a rare trip home to visit family. Below are photos of my Cath Kidston small cosmetic bag and my larger Vera Bradley toiletry bag -- they are toted around for many, many whirlwind weekend trips! What totes do you use?

Share your packing tips here when it comes to your makeup, toiletries and hygiene products.

Cath Kidston Cosmetic Bag
Vera Bradley Beauty Tote


1 comment:

StyleAspirations said...

What a chic set of travel toiletries! And your bags are so whimsical! My best tip is to try to buy airline approved size products for every day use, provided that buying a smaller size is cost efficient. Sometimes, though, I end up buying different products than I normally use in the travel section of the drug store. I'm also typically not picky when it comes to makeup/toiletry bags, and take the Lancome/Guerlain bags that my mom receives with her purchases. Thank you for inspiring me to chic it up with my traveling toiletries!