Thursday, November 22, 2012

Italy Train Travel

View of Ponte Vecchio from
bedroom window '03
I find myself pining for the trains I took during my study abroad in Florence several years ago. However, now seems to be the time for high-speed train travel in Italy with the recent opening of the first private train company in Europe referred to as the NTV (Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori) Italo.

This train offers three class options. Take a tour of the smart, prima and club classes. With 12 stops in Italy on the route, you can get to your destination quickly, comfortably and all on a train system that emphasizes environmental sustainability.


Often, I would take the train between Florence and Rome. How I wish I could have traveled in the luxury of this train! According to the current schedule, it takes only 1 hour and 25 minutes to get from Florence to Rome. One fabulous city to another in no time. 

I can easily picture Cary Grant ordering his Eataly lunchbox in the club class, enjoying the wi-fi on his laptop and gazing 
out of the oversized windows.

I cannot wait to make it back to Italy and travel on the NTV. Those who have NTV Italo experience, please post your comments! 

3 comments:

StyleAspirations said...

This sounds like a train I'd love to take! Especially considering that it's in Italy!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous train. I took it in June from Rome to Milan. Impeccable service by friendly staff and spotlessly clean train. A whole range of services: free wi-fi, cinema car, library of free e-books on on-board portal (rencent new service).

Laurent

Traveling Fairy said...

Dear Laurent, Thank you so much for your comment! It's nice to have an endorsement from a traveler who has experienced this particular train. A virtual library sounds incredible! I hope my next trip to Italy is soon!